Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Musings

I have been taking a conflict resolution class and it has got me thinking about all the things in life that need improvement or why people do the things they do and how people could improve their relationships, etc. I think a lot anyway, but this class is causing my brain to go into overdrive.

It's interesting how people just rush through life and don't really slow down enough to realize what they are doing. They are always in a hurry, always on their cell phones or doing multiple things at once. They don't realize how beautiful the world is around them and how honored we should all be to be able to live in it. I understand that not everyone has this view and that not everyone has a good life so it's hard to see the positives in life, but even if you are in the crappiest situation ever, there is still things that are beautiful in the world and we should always try to find the positives in things. You will be much happier and people around you will notice it too.

I used to always get comments that I was so negative and it really hurt me. So I turned it around. And now I get comments about how positive I am and I notice that people like being around me because of it and because of my personality. I'm not perfect though. I still gossip with my friends, I tease my fiancee' in front of his friends, and sometimes I'm not a very nice person. But that's okay. It's okay if we all aren't perfect all the time. We shouldn't dwell on the negatives about ourselves and we should accept them while trying to change them. It's okay if you slip up as well.

Another thing is that people often try to please everyone. I have learned early on that this is not a good thing to do. You can't please everyone. You can't be everyone's friend. There's always going to be at least someone who doesn't like you for whatever reason, sometimes no reason at all. It happens. I'm not saying you should give up altogether. No. You should learn to relax and let it flow. Don't try to be someone you aren't. If people can't handle the real you, then they are probably not good enough for you to waste your energy on.

No comments: