Monday, November 8, 2010

Classical "Conditioning"

If you saw me in person, you would probably not believe that I secretly love classical music. I don't listen to it often, but I do thoroughly enjoy it.

For some reason today, I was bitten by the classical bug and went searching through the local radio stations trying to find a classical station. I thought surely there were many of them around here. How wrong I was. There is only one classical station that comes in around my area and it's sadly filled with static. It's a good station too. It plays a lot of stuff I have never heard of, but enjoy highly. It's just too bad it has so much static.

It's intersting to note, and this will go off on a tangent, that the makeup of radio stations in California are mixed genre stations, Mexican music stations, country stations, and Christian music stations...at least around the area I live in. There are a few soft rock, rock, and classic rock stations thrown in there, but the majority is what I listed above. I am rather surprised we don't have any good classical stations as most places I have been have at least two. I failed to check the AM stations but I'll do it tomorrow. Perhaps I will find a diamond in the rough there in the form of a decent classical station.

I don't know much about composers or titles but I do enjoy the music. It's very soothing and it keeps me from driving like a maniac when I listen to it in the car. It's interesting to watch other people while you listen to classical, especially if the tempo gets faster and the volume takes an upswing, it almost seems as if everyone is in sync with the music that you are listening to. It's quite entertaining to watch.

So there you have it. My secret is out. I am a closet Classical music lover. I'd give you more, but I have to keep some mystery to me, otherwise you might get bored. All 3 of you.

No comments: