Friday, November 6, 2009

To the Future!

So I've been looking into colleges now that I actually have time to do so. Well, I technically don't have much time, but more time than I did when I was addicted to Ravelry. I'm still going to go on Rav like once a week. I'll see if I can handle that. I've kept myself going so far.

Anyway, back to the topic. I've been looking at Universities and colleges to go to after I finish at my community college. Sooooo....I've narrowed it down. I have chosen San Jose State as the first choice. CSUMB(Monterey Bay) as a second choice even though I'm not really interested in it all that much. That's for my Bachelor's degree. For my masters(cause you need one to teach in college) I'm thinking either staying at SJSU or going to UC Davis. Yeah, it's a little further and it might change. For my PhD(why yes, I am ambitious, why do you ask?) I have my sights set on Stanford. :) The PhD is still tentative at this point. I figure if I'm going as far as a Master's, why not go the whole 9 yards for the PhD, right? :) We'll see how it goes. I have to get out of this first college alive first, yeah? yeah.

So, I need to go visit some colleges and make some pro/con lists to make sure SJSU is really right for me, but so far, it seems like the most promising. Both my Communications teachers have their degrees from there. They have an awesome program. It's a pretty safe bet.

No comments: