Monday, September 28, 2009

Hai!

So I haven't posted in FOREVER! I know...some of you are just *dying* to know what I've been up to. Ok, I'm sure that nobody reads this at all...since I haven't posted here in like...a year? wow. I have been up to many things. I have been volunteering and planning my life and all kinds of fun stuff!

I have decided that being a Communications major is awesome. I love public speaking which I am very public about. Funny how that works :) Anywho, I'm working toward that goal right now.

I am going in for surgery in a week or so for my eyes. I think I will use this blog to chronicle that a little more and write down more how I'm feeling about it. I am currently looking through one eye as my left eye is much worse than the right eye and it inhibits my ability to see so I tend to close the left one and work out of the right one. This is very awkward. On Oct 7th, though, I will be getting surgery on my left eye and will have the first lens replaced. I am very nervous. I have been put under for surgery before but what I understand is that they can't do this with these kind of surgeries. I will be under the influence of some good drugs, but I still freak out when there is anything that has to do with my eyes. After and before the surgery, I get to use eye drops! ugh. Not looking forward to that at all. Luckily, the boyfriend said he would do them for me as I suck at doing them myself.

That is about it with me. I will be using the blog more, hopefully. It depends on the response I get on Ravelry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for posting! I'll be here...lurking as per usual.

Ananamoose said...

woo! I has a lurker! :)

Otherkin said...

I'm freaked out about eyes too. Also ankles and wrists and throats. You're not alone. :)
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes. I'll send you all the good energy I can muster!